COMPLAINTS APPEALS AND FEEDBACK
MATHISI shall ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a constructive and timely manner. All complaints and appeals shall be reported in the next scheduled management meeting and MATHISI Stakeholder Feedback Form shall be raised detailing the actions required to arrive at satisfactory resolve of each complaint and appeal.
MATHISI has in place a complaint procedure for learners. It is hoped that by following a set procedure trainers/assessors and management will be able to handle all situations with expediency, confidentiality and to the satisfaction of learners, staff and MATHISI. If a learner wishes to lodge a complaint, trainers/assessors and management will deal with the situation confidentially.
1. Learners need to discuss the complaint with the trainer at the first instance; the trainer will be required to notify the CEO/DIRECTOR of any complaints or negative feedback received within 24 working hours.
2. If the issue is not rectified by the Trainer, the complaint is to be escalated to the CEO/DIRECTOR, along with a completed Stakeholder Feedback Form
3. A meeting via phone or face to face will be arranged to discuss the issue and identify possible resolutions. The CEO/DIRECTOR will be required to document the conversation.
4. The complaint will be discussed at the management meeting focusing on the issue at hand, the background around the complaint, what has been done to rectify and what recommendations are made to ensure this issue does not reoccur.
5. Complaint resolutions/recommendations and actions details are discussed with the learner.
6. Complaint resolutions/recommendations and actions are applied and recorded
7. Staff are required to record and file all complaints – copies will be emailed to the CEO/DIRECTOR and kept on the learners file for future reference.
8. Management reviews & follows-up the applied recommendations and actions at the next meeting.
9. If a complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of all parties, an external mediator may be engaged. Costs may apply.
APPEALS FOR REASSESSMENT
Appeals regarding reassessment will be handled in all situations with expediency, confidentiality and to the satisfaction of learners, and MATHISI staff.
The schedule for reassessment appeals is as follows:
1. Learners are required to complete a Stakeholder Feedback Form and submit it to MATHIS Ito the attention of the CEO/DIRECTOR for a review and consideration.
2. If reassessment is applicable the learner will be required to resubmit the original assessment to the CEO/DIRECTOR.
3. The CEO/DIRECTOR will forward the Assessment to be reviewed by another trainer or management.
4. If there is a gap in the evidence, a gap assessment will be required by the learner to complete. Taking into consideration of learner’s specific needs- which may include a different method of assessment to be conducted e.g. demonstration.
5. If the gap assessment is not yet satisfactory, the learner will be required to complete gap training to ensure the learner has learnt the skills needed.
6. Management reviews & follows-up the applied recommendations and actions at the next meeting.
MATHISI is committed to securing and reviewing advice and feedback from all its stakeholders involved in the delivery of its Training and Assessment services. We therefore request that our Learners provide us with
feedback on those services. Your Trainer will provide the form to you at the conclusion of your course or click here to download Mathisi feedback form.